The ASAVA Hospital Accreditation Scheme recognizes companion animal practices that achieve the highest levels of quality health care and practice management in innovative, state-of-the-art hospital facilities.
ASAVA Accredited Hospitals set a benchmark to inspire other small animal practitioners when assessing their own facilities and standards.
Accredited hospitals enjoy recognition from clients for the excellent standards of care they offer. When awarded accreditation, the hospital receives a plaque for display, a logo to use on letterhead and other stationery, plus recognition in an issue of Companion.
Many hospitals also report positive effects on staff morale as a result of the recognition of the standards that they help achieve in their workplace.
Clients can be assured of the highest possible standards of care that have been independently audited by specialist examiners and are then reviewed every three years.
Areas assessed include:
- Medical Records including scrutiny of case management
- The Hospital Building: Design and Standards of Maintenance and Hygiene
- Standards of Care: Documented and to a high standard
- Compliance in all areas of occupational health and safety
- Minimum Standards of Medical and Diagnostic Equipment including Resuscitation Equipment
- Staff Training and Continued Education
- Standards of Radiography
There are less than 40 accredited hospitals in the whole of Australia
Riverbank Animal Hospital (Formerly South Grafton Veterinary Clinic)
60 Through Street, South Grafton, NSW 2460, Australia
Ph 02 6642 3083